Happy December! Every year November is a bit of a crazy month for us with celebrating three of our four kids’ birthdays as well as Thanksgiving... and then there's Christmas looming around the corner. This year, my sister’s family again hosted Thanksgiving so I actually had a nice rest. Thanks, sis!
Here is a picture of these seven crazy cousins. What a treat to be able to live so close and grow up together!
We are actually in a nice stage where everyone is out of diapers, potty-trained, mostly self-sufficient, and occasionally even helpful. Ages 5, 7, 9, and 11, so our oldest is right at the edge but not quite fully plunged into the whole teenage world. Whew!
So lots to be thankful for... in addition to all the serious stuff here are a few random but significant things that come to mind...
• a lost sock missing for months suddenly shows up
• soccer game is cancelled due to inclement weather
• lunch bag returns home with all the food eaten
• dirty clothes makes it into the laundry bin
• extra minutes of sleep on weekends because kids can do the morning routine by themselves
• teachers who understand my child and goes the extra mile
• catching a glimpse of true sibling love
• tight hugs
• loud giggles
• sweet smiles
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!