So how did it happen? His words... "I was goofing around on this climbing thing at the playground and by accident I let go of both hands." First broken anything among our four kids and not surprised it would land on our youngest. Although his right arm is in a long cast, this boy is still hopping around and as mischievous as ever!
on broken bones...
- fall or trauma
- pain, swelling, decreased mobility and/or weight bearing
- immobilizing with splint and taking anti-inflammatories (motrin, advil, ibuprofen, aleve) until casting
- likely will need x-ray and referral to ortho
- if displaced may need OR for setting
- likely will need physical therapy after cast removal
It is always a good idea to get checked out sooner than later.