So what was it about the hospital that I was looking forward to? Ohh... so much! It may be different per hospital but at least the one I deliver at has great maternity and postpartum care. The food in the cafeteria is pretty good as well.
Here are some things I'll miss about the experience (since this will be my last time):
- Ordering room service and having food delivered to my bed anytime I want and as much as I want...
- Beeping the nursing station for any little thing... drink of water... pain meds... a back rub (j/k)
- Electronic hospital bed to help get into sitting position or back down to lying position without having to use abdominal muscles
- Television with cable (I don't ever watch at home... didn't really watch there either actually but just nice it's there in case I want to =b)
- Fuzzy wuzzy socks of varying colors with the non-slip grip on the bottom
- Fancy smancy snap gowns for easy nursing access
- Large mesh throw-away underwear
- 48 hrs of just "me" time... (well and new baby time) but at least a little get away from all the busy-ness of life...